This one day introductory workshop will provide people who are new to meditation, or interested in trying meditation, with the guidance, techniques and practice in the Dhammakaya Buddhist meditation method. (seven bases of the mind.)
The workshop will be held at the London Dhammakaya Buddhist temple in Working Surrey, organised by the Surrey Meditation Group. The meditation workshop will be led by a Dhammakaya Buddhist Monks.
The temple in Woking is an excellent location for meditation and the monks focus much of their time on meditation as part of their Buddhist practices, and as such are excellent teachers.
The workshop is non-denominational and focuses on meditation as a technique for personal development, benefit and improvement rather than a religious practice. The ultimate aim of the Institute is to promote peace and happiness in people’s lives and create everlasting peace in the world at large.
The workshop will cover:
- Getting ready to mediate – “Letting go your daily life”
- Introduce the techniques using in the workshop – ( “On the 7 Bases of the Mind”)
- Problems encountered during the meditation – “The 5 Hindrances and How to overcomes them”
- Mediation using in a mantra – “Meditation Practice of the 7 Bases of the Mind using Mantra”
- Mediation using Visualization – “The When, Why and How of Visualization”