Local Woking Charity Walk the Walk is holding another event in Battersea this July to raise awareness of breast cancer; their press release says:
Organised by breast cancer charity Walk the Walk, this wonderful family challenge will be returning to Battersea Park on Sunday 1st July 2012, following the success of The SunWalk London 2011 when a fantastic £250,000 was raised for vital breast cancer causes.
People can choose to complete a Half Marathon, 10k or 5k and what makes this challenge special is that anybody can do it no matter their fitness levels and abilities. Walk the Walk is offering one free child place for every adult that enters, so there really is no excuse not to get the whole family involved!!
Walk the Walk events are infamous for the spectacle of thousands of breast cancer fundraisers Power Walking through the streets of London and Edinburgh at The MoonWalks in brightly decorated bras …….. The SunWalk London is no different! In true Walk the Walk style all participants aged 13 and over, will be wearing brightly decorated bras… with the theme of “Tropical” the charity are looking forward to some exciting and exotic creations.
Nina Barough, founder and Chief Executive of Walk the Walk Worldwide says
“The SunWalk London is more than just a Power Walking challenge… Battersea Park will be filled with music and entertainment for all the family ensuring that everyone has a fabulous experience! So, even if you have never taken part in anything like this before, take this opportunity to sign up to the challenge and help make a difference. You can raise money and awareness for vital breast cancer causes, get fit, have fun, and even sing your socks off, all at the same time….get down to the beach at Battersea Park for the greatest show of the summer!”
Want to take part?There are three ways to enter…
Online entries are available at www.walkthewalk.org
Download an entry form from www.walkthewalk.org
- Pick up an entry form in a store near you and send it back to us – visit www.walkthewalk.org for details
About The SunWalks:
- Entrants get a choice of distances; 5k, 10k of Half Marathon
- There are minimum age restrictions for The SunWalks:
- Half marathon: minimum age of 13 years on challenge day
- 10k: minimum age of six years on challenge day
- 5k: no age restriction age 0 – 100yrs.
- Applicants are asked to raise a minimum of £100. Applicants under the age of 13 are asked to raise what they can
- Everyone who takes part is given information on how to get fit, raise money and raise awareness of breast cancer, and advice on decorating their bra!
- Entrance fees: Adults: £27.50 and children: £15
- All participants over 13 receive a pack including a bra to decorate
- Children under the age of 13 do not receive a bra.
About Walk the Walk
Nina Barough is the founder and Chief Executive of the grant making breast cancer charity Walk the Walk Worldwide
Walk the Walk has so far raised funds in excess of £75 million for vital breast cancer causes
Last year Walk the Walk worked within just 20% of all the money raised, making 80% of total fundraising available for grants
HRH Prince Charles is the Official Patron of Walk the Walk Worldwide
Harriet Thorpe is the official Ambassador of Walk the Walk.
For more information on Walk the Walk Worldwide, go to www.walkthewalk.org or write to Walk the Walk Worldwide, 6 Genesis Business Park, Albert Drive, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5RW