Real Lives: 2nd – 6th May 2012
Do you enjoy listening to people’s real life stories? Do you enjoy watching talk-show style programmes on television where people tell their inspiring real life tales?
If so, we hope you will be interested in coming along to one of these special ‘Real Lives’ events that our church is involved in next week. Roger Carswell, the respected Author and Christian Evangelist, is coming to four locations in Surrey, including Knaphill and Horsell. He will be interviewing guests and showing how faith in God has affected their “real lives”.
There will be four ‘talk-show style’ events, including live music and free refreshments. All events are free entry. The details are as follows:
Wednesday 2nd May:
Venue: Chilworth Free Church, Brookswood, New Road, Chilworth GU4 8LZ.
8:00pm – 9.30ish – ‘A Wasted Life Transformed’ Roger interviews Roddy McLeod who overcame a life of drugs, drink and deep unhappiness.
* This venue is a little further away from most of you, so if you’d like help with directions, just let us know.
Thursday 3rd May:
Venue: Horsley Evangelical Church, Ockham Road North, East Horsley KT24 6NU.
8:00pm – 9.30ish – ‘Peace After Loss’ Roger interviews Fiona Castle, wife of the late Roy Castle, as she tells how she found peace after grief.
* Again this venue is a little way, but if you’d like help with transport, there will be people travelling from Knaphill, so let us know if you’d like a lift.
Friday 4th May:
Venue: Providence Baptist Church, Robin Hood Road, Knaphill GU21 2LU.
8:00pm – 9.30ish – ‘Justice After 30 Years’ Roger interviews Andy Cardy whose 9 year old daughter was murdered. How did he cope with such loss? Come and find out.
Saturday 5th May:
Venue: Horsell Evangelical Church, High Street, Horsell GU21 4SZ.
- 12noon – 2:00pm: An event for younger people – Those in their teens and twenties are invited to come along and spend time eating pizza, playing games and hearing Roger Carswell speak, including a question and answer session about the Christian faith.
- 8:00pm – 9.30ish – ‘Can we forgive terrorists?’ Roger interviews John Mosey, father of Lockerbie bombing victim. Come and hear how he coped.
Sunday 6th May: There will also be two special Sunday services, connected with the ‘Real Lives’ events, when Roger Carswell will be the main speaker.
- 11am – Horsell Evangelical Church – There are creche and Sunday school facilities provided for children, so the whole family is welcome.
- 6.30pm – Horsley Evangelical Church.
Please note that if you normally come along to Providence Baptist Church, Knaphill on a Sunday morning, there will be no morning service on Sunday 6th May, as we will all be joining with this special service at Horsell Evangelical Church. Please let us know if you need help with transport, as lifts will be available. The evening service at Providence Baptist Church, Knaphill will take place as normal at 6pm.
We hope you will be able to come along to one or more of these events. It would certainly be well worth organising babysitters if necessary! Everyone is welcome and more details can be found at our church website which is www.pbc-knaphill.org.uk
Ben and Fiona Short
(on behalf of Providence Baptist Church, Knaphill)