Category: Knaphill Community

New flats on old library site going up

Have you noticed the enormous crane currently in the centre of Knaphill?! Well, work is well under way on the construction of the block of 9 apartments on the old library site on the High Street. Large sections of fabricated…

Read More

GP Practice put into special measures

The GP practice based at the St. John’s Health Centre, Hermitage Road has been put into special measures by the CQC. The practice was inspected on 8 September but the report was not published until 29 December 2016. The inspection…

Read More

Historic building to stay

1-3 High Street, this is the building that use to house the pet shop, is to be retained and converted into apartments. The plan is for 4 apartments on the first and second floor. It is unclear as to whether…

Read More

The Anchor Inn should it be demolished?

Earlier this month we reported on the fact that following a review Woking Borough Council had removed the status of community asset from the building. Prior to CAMRA seeking to have the pub made a community asset WBC were working…

Read More

The Anchor Inn is no longer on the Council’s list of assets of community value

Back in July Woking Borough Council determined that The Anchor was an asset of community value and this resulted in pub being included on the Council’s list of Assets of Community Value. Premier Pubs Estate Limited, the owners of The…

Read More

Congratulations to two local business people

First congratulations to Valerie French and the team at her salon in Anchor Crescent, Knaphill. They have been awarded five star status by The Good Salon Guide. We understand that it is the only salon in Surrey to achieve the…

Read More

Vyne bollards to be removed

At a meeting of Woking’s Joint Committee, that is County Councillors and Woking Councillors, held on Wednesday 8th December the Councillors approved the highways capital work programme for 2017/18. One of the projects was the bollards at the Vyne. The…

Read More

Memorial garden open for Armistice Day service

Thamesway Housing and Woking Borough Council had completed the majority of the new memorial garden in time for our annual Armistice Day service and we must say thank you for creating such a space within the centre of the village,…

Read More

Ambulance station – latest

Today as I drove past our ambulance station in Bagshot Road I noticed that what is the equivalent to a ‘For Sale’ notice has been erected. Also today I met Jonathan Lord, our MP, who informed me that the South East…

Read More

OUR AMBULANCE SERVICE

In recent weeks we have been critical of the emergency ambulance cover for our area and quoted from the CQC report. We feel we must point out that there was good news in the report under the heading ‘Compassionate care’:…

Read More