Category: Knaphill Community

Peer Productions’ The Alcohol Project – Powerful and entertaining

Knaphill’s very own Peer Productions have put on another emotionally charged and engaging production, this time tackling the hard hitting issue of alcoholism. Performed at their small theatre in Trinity Road and aimed at the teenage market, the group have…

Read More

Community Improvement

The latest Surrey Matter magazine has just flopped through the letterbox and I’m immediately drawn to a new initiative announced by Council LEader, David Hodge. He says “This scheme is aimed to make a real difference to people’s lives by…

Read More

Knaphill village show planning is underway!

The show committee had their first preparation meeting for this years village show on January 17th and I’m glad to say it’s all off to a flying start! There will be a few minor changes in logistics but all in…

Read More

The artist Miss A P Allen

I’ve had a  special request asking for any news of a local artist a Miss A P Allen. The request is from Mr Alan Watkins:   Hello residents, I have come in to the possession of a water colour…

Read More

High Street resurfacing

The long expected resurfacing of the High Street in Knaphill village is still awaiting a firm date to be undertaken. After repeated delays an annonymous local officer has said:     The programme of major maintenance across the County is…

Read More

Sainsbury’s Store extension APPROVED

Courtesy, of Mr Philip Stubbs, KRA Secretary: Yes Redding Way is in Knaphill although Sainsbury’s have reverted to calling their store Sainsbury’s Brookwood.   Turning to the application from Sainsbury’s that is before the Planning Committee, an application to build…

Read More

Brookwood Farm

Quick update 14/12/11: I’ve had an email from the consultation team who have also sent the attached letter. They have said – “As you might be aware, a significant part of the proposed site is owned by Woking Borough Council…

Read More

Sainsburys Redding Way update

Woking Borough Council’s Planning Committee met on the 15th November to determine Sainsbury’s latest proposals for the expansion of their Redding Way store. Prior to the meeting, the KRA had written to Members setting out its concerns that the Officers…

Read More

New shoe shop opens

Update Grand opening event! The Mayor will be performing the grand opening ceremony to Knaphill’s newest store on  Saturday 19th November from 11am, there will be free face painting, free gifts and balloons for all children visiting.   ———– Nov…

Read More

Scout’s fireworks display!

UPDATE: Tell us what you thought of the event on Saturday – I certainly had a great time! ——————————- 1st Knaphill Scouts are pleased to invite you all to another fantastic fireworks display this year! The incredibly popular event will…

Read More