Category: Knaphill Community

More amended plans for Brookwood

Woking Borough Council appear determined to build 297 new dwellings on Brookwood Farm. First the good news – the idea of constructing a new footpath from the Northwest corner of the proposed estate, around Graindstone Handle Corner, appears to have…

Read More

Alpha Hospitals and Victoria Road

As quite a number of residents will be aware, Alpha Hospitals have purchased 14 Victoria Road with the intention of changing its use from residential to that suitable to house girls ‘unable to live at home’. Whether this means a…

Read More

YOUR opinion is wanted!

Over the years we have had numerous pieces of feedback regarding the KRA. Thankfully in the main this has been supportive in nature but we understand that opinions vary and in some quarters we are not viewed favourably. We have…

Read More

Brookwood Farm update 28th June

We have continued getting involved with local councillors and council bodies; our secretary, Phil Stubbs, attended the SCC Local Committee meeting and has produced this update for you. Whatever happens, KEEP sending in letters and objections to WBC and SCC…

Read More

Valerie French Opening

I am exceptionally pleased to say that Knaphill has a new store opening in Anchor Cresent, next to Lyons & Co. Valerie French hairdressers will open this week after some [very] frenetic decorating! I spoke briefly to Valerie who is…

Read More

State of the village

I’m becoming worried about the centre of Knaphill village. It’s getting to a point where every direction holds a new empty store, or a sign announcing closure. I passed the old library today and there was a couple of elderly…

Read More

Booking Forms for 2012 Show

Village Show 2012 Get out the calendars and mark it down; 14th July 2012 is the date of this years show.  Mizens Railway is the location. If you are interested in getting involved with this year’s show please don’t be…

Read More

Sainsbury’s win planning appeal

Some background information In2010 Cliftons submitted a planning application to redevelop the site of their old shop at 15 High Street, Knaphill and the bungalow at 6 Fosters Lane. The application was to replace the current shop and workshops with…

Read More

SCC respond to transport concerns

Greg Devine of Surrey County Council has kindly responded to one of our queries regarding the Brookwood Farm development. As WBC consistently ignore or refuse our requests for information, in this case specifically the report SCC submitted on the development,…

Read More

Parking problems in Knaphill

We have been contacted by a resident regarding parking in the village; Ross Daniell has taken time to consider this and observed there are several key offending areas in Knaphill. If you have noticed that the parking situation has deteriorated,…

Read More